How You Can Help
Raising and taking care of kids, as you realize, is not s simple task. The proverb says "It takes a village to raise a child". In other words, it takes much more than 5 or 10 people to raise these kids. It takes a village. That includes everyone. That includes YOU. Individual, families, organizations, companies etc. See Sponsors and Partners.
We would like to invite YOU to join the village or extended family of care-givers or care-providers. Please join us in extending care and love to these deserving kids. We welcome your suggestions and ideas of different ways you can get involved. Your originality and creativity is welcome. Please tell us how you would like to be involved.
Let's together be the family that these orphans have lost. Here are some ways you can help
- Make a donation
- Join the Dream Home Team
- Become a Premier Member
- Sponsor one of the kids: Your support will help us to provide quality on-going care for these deserving children that have lost parents or care-givers to Ebola. Take the next step - View Profiles
- Hold a Fundraiser for the Dream Home:
- Collect or Donate School Backpacks (with supplies)
- Help Collect or Donate Items For The Home
|Sheets / Pillowcases / Towels||Toothbrushes / Toothpaste|
|Bars of Soap||Toilet paper|
*We do not recommend shipping liquid items such as shampoo (due to leakage possibility).
If you would like to donate the items listed above or have other items that you would like to donate, please contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org
1906 Knob Creek Road, Suite 3
Johnson City, TN 37604, USA
Please include a suggested donation of $50.00 per box to help cover cost of shipping the items to Africa. Donations towards shipping can be sent in check, money order or made online at our Ebola Orphan Donation Page.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." - Aesop
Dream Home Wish List
- Solar lighting for entire home / Buy solar lights for each child
- Laptops and eReaders (Kindles / iPads etc.) for each child
- Playground equipment
- Scholarships for each child through university
- Water tank and solar water well pump: This will pump water from a well to a water tank above the home. Budget $4K - $5K
- Bus: To be used for transportation of children
- Motorcycle: For use by Coordinators
- Support More Orphans: It is estimated that there are thousands of Ebola-orphaned children in Sierra Leone. Many of these children are not being adequately taken care of - some fending from themselves and resorting to undesirable lifestyles in order to survive. We would love to take care of them - and with your generous support, we can do so!
- Friend-an-Orphan: We are looking for individuals / families who are interested in assisting us with become a special friend to one of the orphans. This orphan wil be come a "remote" member of your family. You will be uniquely matched with one orphan and assume full financial responsibility for the orphan. You will be able to communicate regularity with the orphan and provide for the orphan's total care. You will also be able to visit and spend time with the orphan. Please contact us for more information.
- Produce a video documentary: Life after Ebola - We would like to publish a professional video documentary on Life After Ebola. Budget $6K to $8K